MLBA c/o Program Administrator 8181 Peters Rd, Suite 4000 Plantation, FL Email: email@example.comPersonal contact information may also be shared with certain vendors (i.e., reputable companies we use for services such as shipping MLBA or sending MLBA mail). We have confidentiality agreements in place with all such companies to protect your privacy. Personal billing information we collect and what we do with it In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. These secure servers are hosted by our agent, Paypal, which is bound by our site policies. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations, and your credit card number is not retained once your transaction has been authorized and processed. Financial transactions and our secure servers All financial transactions on our website, specifically donations and purchases, are managed through our agent, Paypal, which is TRUSTe certified. All transactions use an encrypted channel, take place on secure servers and occur in real time. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, your credit card number is not retained. Other contact information we collect and what we do with it In some instances, we ask for contact information for people other than yourself including, for example, e-mail addresses of friends to whom you send e-cards or a copy of one of our Web pages, or the mailing address of someone you wish us to notify of a donation you have made. The information we collect is used to send the donation notification or information you requested and/or to inform the recipient of the opportunity to subscribe to receive MLBA updates, wish stories and opportunities to get involved. Such contact information is not shared with any other organizations nor is it added to any mailing list without the recipient’s explicit consent. How to view or change your information If you do not wish to participate in our exchange activities, or if you wish to modify the frequency of future communications from MLBA, please write to us at our headquarters or e-mail address below. Also, with the exception of credit card numbers, which are not retained, you can view and request changes to all the information you have given us, including any mailing lists you may be on, by contacting us.
User Agreement And TermsBy viewing and/or using this website, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains betterlives.org (the "website") is a complimentary information service offered by the MLBA ("MLBA") at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. MLBA reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement and Terms and Conditions (not an older cached version) each time you view the website. Do not use the website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- Intellectual Property/Hyperlinks. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth under the Service Marks, Copyright and Hyperlinks sections of this User Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
- Representations and Warranties. You acknowledge that the information on the website is provided "as is" for general information only. MLBA makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding this website, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and all such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless MLBA and its officers, directors and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of a third party. In no event will MLBA or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Opinions/Recommendations. You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this website are not necessarily those of MLBA or endorsed by MLBA.
- Linked Sites/Third-Party Content. These Terms and Conditions apply only to this website. MLBA may provide links on the website to other websites which are not under the control of MLBA. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by MLBA of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website. Under no circumstances will MLBA be held liable, directly or indirectly, or any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, reliance on, or any content, goods or services available on any other website to which this website links. You should direct any concerns to that website’s administrator.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled and operated by MLBA, which is headquartered in the State of Florida, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States territories and other countries around the world. By accessing this website you agree that any action at law or equity arising or in any way relating to this website, shall be filed only under the statutes and laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof. You also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of the State of Florida in and for the County of Broward, and the United States District Court for Florida with respect to such matters. MLBA makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.